If you are looking at this website you are probably wondering if Day by Day is right for me or for my loved one. Here are some things that may indicate a day program would be a good fit:
- A person seems bored, sleeps a lot or watches TV all day
- A person may need more supervision
- A person shows increased need for direction
- A person has wandered or may be unsafe at home alone
- Assist is needed for toileting, walking or dressing
- Memory loss is indicated by repetition of questions or stories
- There are incontinence issues that require assistance
- Health concerns that need medical oversight such as blood sugars, blood pressure, wounds, medications, etc.
- A caregiver verbalizes being stressed out or on overload
- A caregiver’s health is compromised
- Care is causing family conflict
We address these needs in a setting that provides socialization, activities for stimulation and structure – something to get up for and look forward to! The social worker is happy to discuss your situation with you, look at options, and help make connections to other providers that may also be of help.
Please feel free to call or email any questions you might have about the program. I am happy to get back to you and set up a time for you to visit and see if this feels like the right solution for you and/or your loved one.
Wendy Wyman, LICSW